Plano Lodge #768 Scholarship Application
Plano Lodge #768 in conjunction with the North Texas Masonic Historical Museum & Library is awarding two, $1000.00 scholarships to local students towards higher education.Â Â Â The decision will be based upon qualification and merit of the Essay focused on Masonic history in Texas or its historical territories.
- Applications will be accepted any time.Â Our due date is February 1st, 7pm, for the following school year (Fall-Spring) by mail (PO Box) or in-person to:
Plano Masonic Lodge #768
P. O. Box 860282
Plano, TX 75086
Plano Masonic Lodge #768
1414 Â½ J Ave
Plano, TX 75074
- Attention should be made to the Scholarship Committee.Â We will accept applications & essays anytime throughout the year leading to the Feb. 1 deadline.
- Plano Lodge #768 with the North Texas Masonic Historical Museum & Library will have the scholarship committee review, rank, and approve the received applications.Â The best two essays will be awarded the scholarships.
- In May we will announce decisions
- In July we present awards
- The lodge will pay the college or university upon enrollment by the scholarship recipient.
Your submitted application should include these items (1-8):
- Full Name
- You must live within Collin County or a county adjoining it
- Contact information
- College or Institutionâ€™s Name & Address, if known
- Past semester(s)â€™s transcript with GPA minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Interest or Degree plan
- Personal paragraph
- While the scholarship is based upon the historic essay, we would like to know about you, your situation, your plans, and any circumstances that you feel we should know.
- Masonic affiliation is not a prerequisite to apply, but is definitely allowed.
- Subject: Fraternal or Masonic History in Texas
- Qualification: (at least) 3 full pages (double-spaced, 1â€ margins, 12-pt Times New Roman font) in addition to proper referencing of source material.
- Masonry can be interpreted to include other Fraternal or appendant bodies.
- Suggestions: Personal biographies, Masonic functions, Social functions, Educational functions, Charitable functions, Masonic places, Eras and local fraternal impact, Fraternal organization history or other similar.
- Texas history may be Plano, Dallas, Peterâ€™s Colony, Republic of Texas, State of Texas, or other geographical or historical tie to our community.
- Essays will become property of the North Texas Masonic Historical Museum & Library collection.
- The Essay may be re-published or publicly displayed with credit assigned to author.
The North Texas Masonic Historical Museum & Library will be open for research.
- M / W / F 1 – 4pm, or other arrangements may be made.