Dan Eakin, reporter for the Plano Star Courier, covered Saturdayâ€™s Cornerstone Ceremony and Â the following article Â will be published in Thursdayâ€™s (May 26th, 2011) edition of the Star Courier. Also, it is now posted on-line at Â http://www.scntx.com/articles/2011/05/23/plano_star-courier/news/9067.txt .
I just wanted to remind you that the cornerstone ceremony for Mendenhall Elementary School is this Saturday, May 21st.Â The Schedule is as follows:
12:00Â Lunch at Plano Lodge #768 Building
12:45Â Open Plano Lodge
1:00Â Open representation of Grand Lodge
1:30Â Leave for School
2:00Â Ceremony at school
As you remember in your obligations and in your degrees, when requested, you should make every effort to complete the errand of a Master Mason, or be there to help when requested.Â I am asking that each of you to make time to be at this ceremony.Â Attire is suits and White Aprons. This is the first cornerstone that we have done at a school in over 50 years, and if we have a good turnout, we will get another next year.Â This increases our visibility within the community and helps to have a good relationship with our schools.
Please make every effort to attend and bring others where you can.
Worshipful Master, Plano Masonic Lodge #768
The Museum & Library will be hosting â€œThe History of Rumâ€ at 7:30PM on Thursday, May 26 as a fundraiser.
John Solis will be providing a program Â which will start with the history, distillation process, and folk lore, and it will conclude with a rum tasting.
Thanks for your support,
Meeting Notes from May Stated Meeting, 2011
- 31 Members were in attendance, including 8 Past Masters.
- Scripture discussion was regarding brotherly love as the cement of the fraternity.
- Remembering Brother David Lotz by our Resolutions of Respect.
- Minutes were read
- One (1) new petition was received this month.
- Brother SW Clay Smith is now a board member of the Plano Mutual Cemetery Association.
- Cornerstone Ceremony on May 21st– at Mendenhall Elementary.
- W.M. has implored everyone within length of their cable-tow to attend the ceremony (2pm).
- P.G.M. Elmer Murphy will lead the ceremony, so it should be really good.
- It has been 50 years since we have had this opportunity in Plano.Â We want to continue this, and desire a great turnout for this Saturdayâ€™s event.
- Noon: Lunch at Plano Lodge
- 12:45 we will open our Lodge
- 1:00pm we will open a representation of Grand Lodge.
- 1:30pm we will proceed to Mendenhall.
- 2:00pm â€“ Ceremony at the new school entrance.
- The actual cornerstone is in the Museum & Library now until the ceremony.Â Please stop by during the M&L hours of operation to see it, or after any Lodge meeting.
- We will be judging the art contest from the school for what will be included in the time-capsule to be sealed behind the cornerstone.Â Talk with W.M. Adam if you would like to help with this too.
- Museum & Library (continued):
- May 21st, after the Cornerstone Ceremony â€“ there is a Conference of the Middle Chamber event in the Museum & Library (4pm â€“ 7pm).
- At least two topics will be discussed regarding Egypt & Pythagoras.
- Dinner will be available to those who wish to continue the day after 7pm. Â Please let Br. JW Kevin Main know if you would like to attend so reservations can be more accurately made.
- Museum & Library (continued):
- Monday, May 9th, 7:30pm. Â Br. Kevin Main will lecture on the Masterâ€™s Degree and the differences between the Modern & Ancient ceremonies. Â This is the first of a two-part lecture.
- Location is at the Museum & Library located below Plano Lodge: 1414 J Ave.
- Voting occurred on 3 candidates.Â Check the calendar.
- The Widowâ€™s list needs to be updated for recent contact information.
- Texas Masonic License Plates are now available.
- $30 extra for the plate, but $22 of that goes to G.L.
- Report any charitable activity you do to Br. Shaun Henry.
- Blood Drive: We collected 24 units on Saturday, April 30th. Â Thank you to those who helped & donated.
- Family Picnic is Saturday, May 7th at Bob Woodruff, North Pavilion.
- 10am â€“ 4pm
- Lots of fun activities.
- Masterâ€™s Proficiency was conducted.
- We paid our bills.
- We read an excerpt from the Texas Masonic Law.
- Brother Marshall presented a small program on Unity as we hear of in the EA degree, and its ability to similarly foster growth & prosperity.
- Calendar Highlights:
- May 5th: Stated Meeting for May
- May 7th: Plano Lodge #768 Picnic.Â See â€˜Eventsâ€™.
- May 9th: Museum & Library will have Part 1 of the Masters Degree discussion regarding differences between the Modern & Ancient ceremonies (aka: French & English or Scottish Rite & York Rite).
- May 12th: EA Degree
- May 19th: EA Degree
- May 21st: Corner Stone Ceremony, Noon â€“ 3pm.
- May 21st : Conference of the Middle Chamber, 4pm â€“ 7pm.Â See M&L for more details.
- May 26th: Rum Tasting Night at Museum & Library.
- June 2nd: Stated Meeting for June.
- Every Wednesday evening at 6:30pm, there are scheduled practices for the lectures and various degrees. Â It is open and encouraged for anyone to attend to prepare for parts in the degrees.
- New by-laws are ready to be distributed.Â Please try to attend and get your copy this month.
- Closed in Harmony.