Family Night Dinners are a great success.Â Many thanks to our Brother Stewards Barry & Jim for all their efforts to make all the members and their families and friends welcome and well-fed.
- Chaplain Br. Bob Pannell had an excellent reading regarding brotherhood and fidelity.Â Â These are worth hearing every month.
- Eagle Scout project in the Plano Municipal Cemetery looks very well done.Â There is more work the Lodge needs to perform to take advantage of this terrific start.Â We are planning a work day at the Cemetery in march.Â Manpower will be needed.
- We have two new candidates elected to receive the degrees!Â December 16th is the date.Â Come watch, participate, and be brotherly for these two excellent candidates.
- Planned building repairs have been completed.Â Sealing and painting are done.Â Everything looks great.Â Thank you to those who helped ensure our building will continue to serve our needs (Scott & Barry for starters).
- IRS – is there ever any good news?Â Yes, according to Br. WM Adam.
- Charity & Sickness: Keeping our thoughts and prayers with Brothers Tiny, David, Lewis, Joe, and Gordon.
- Also, Tiny needs our help.
Tiny & Ethel are needing to remodel so Tiny can get around his house easier & better (especially the bath).Â We estimate it could be near $10,000 to install the necessary updates to the house to make life much easier for him and his wife.Â We are and are trying to raise money through lodge relief, individual members donations, GLoT matching, & masonic services bureau. Â If you have any thoughts or abilities to help in relief, it would be greatly appreciated.Â The list of reasons to help, on merit of contributions to the fraternity alone, are countless.Â Let alone our obligation.
- Table Lodge planned for late January.Â We should have the schedule firmed by next stated meeting (Jan. 6th).
- Golden Trowel committee will meet in January.
- Cornerstone plans for Mendenhall Elementary is firming-up.Â We are thinking March / April time-frame.Â Its been 50 years in Plano since our last one… !
- George Washington Dinner is changing this year.Â Instead of a February dinner, we will be having an outdoor picnic at Bob Woodruff Park (Plano) in April.
- January 19th will be a meeting of MWSA
- We are dark Dec. 23rd, and plan for an FC prof / MM degree on Dec. 30th.
We look forward to seeing you at Lodge!
ps. How many Grand Masters have we had in Plano? (Come to Lodge to find out – the answer may surprise you.)